Consultancy / Digital Marketing
We were contacted by Audio-Technica Europe to support them prepare for a new e-commerce website project. Thanks to our founder’s background in music and sound recording alongside his previous role at Richer Sounds, this is a company very close to our heart and one we know well. To say we were a bit excited is an understated understatement!
Audio-Technica (lovingly referred to as “AT”) were looking to embark on a huge step into B2C online, not just in the UK but also across the EU, USA and Canada. They’d already decided upon a platform of choice in Magento 2, a robust scaleable platform that would see them good for years to come. As a global business, their history and heritage within the pro-audio industry gives them a huge advantage and they are well known for the quality not just of sound, but also build. Any website would need to get this across to grow their consumer product range as well as a new and growing market of “pro-sumers”.
The key requirement for us was to identify and shortlist suitable agencies to deliver this project as well as reviewing the initial tender documents as well as the responses. AT have a very small e-commerce team and we would be an extension of the UK team. This task was also being undertaken by the team in the USA with a view that the final shortlist would be asked to tender to a joint steering group from both sides of the Atlantic.
We continue to work with Audio-Technica on two fronts. Firstly, we continue as a consultant as they continue to evolve their website and prioritise their future roadmap. Alongside that we’ve also taken on the management of their paid search activity across Europe, working with their teams and their development agency to drive continual improvements to the D2C channel.
- Initial discovery of business requirements across front end user journey, through to back end integrations, order processing and services.
- Review and provide platform recommendations to the specification documentation in order to satisfy the project goals.
- Research and interview suitable UK based platform proficient agencies for short list.
- Initial meetings & calls with agencies to come up with a short list.
- Review tender documents and provide questions & recommendations.
- Support client with management of project, liaising with agency partner around key milestones.
- Provide additional resource for extensive user acceptance testing.
- Work with client on post live strategy, including development roadmap.
How We Did It.
We supported the move to Magento for this project as we were familiar with the capabilities of the platform for a multi-region, multi-currency and multi-lingual global business.