The Radiator Company
IRSAP UK (The Radiator Company)
We were contacted by IRSAP UK, a leading manufacturer and supplier of radiators and home heating products. They were looking to update and relaunch their brand, The Radiator Company, as a premium end supplier of radiators direct-to-consumer.
Initially we set about profiling their audience in order to inform how best to re-position their brand as a premium end supplier. We also considered some of the other affinity brands that the target audience would be familiar and already engaging with. Following this, we spent a couple of sessions really focusing on what we wanted the front end to deliver to the user. As well as some of the essentials of a successful eCommerce website, this also included a custom feature that would allow users to calculate the size of the radiators they would need… and then build a 3D model of their product before placing their order online. The second part of this scoping phase was to review the current back end processes for the B2B side of the business and see how this could support their move to a direct-to-consumer offering. Alongside this, we identified what else the business may need to do outside of the immediate project in order to deliver excellent customer service and build their future growth.
- Initial work to understand the audience, affinity brands and positioning of the brand.
- Thorough and complete discovery of business requirements across front end user journey, through to back end integrations, order processing and services.
- Review and provide platform recommendations to the specification documentation in order to satisfy the project goals.
- Research and interview suitable UK based platform proficient agencies for short list.
- Initial meetings & calls with agencies to come up with a short list.
- Review tender documents and provide feedback & recommendations to the client.
- Provide additional resource for extensive user acceptance testing.
How We Did It.
We supported the move to Magento for this project as we were familiar with the capabilities of the platform. Specifically, we felt Magento would be ideal for the custom radiator builder functionality needed to really elevate the user experience.