Migrate a pharmacy website from a dated OS Commerce platform to Shopify. Include custom form functionality for specific products that are attached to an order. Integrate with a 3rd party payments provider and Royal Mail for fulfilment.
We were contacted by one of our partner agencies, LoveUX who had identified and opportunity with one of their long standing and valued clients. The client had been building their online business steadily over a number of years, but in order to achieve their growth ambitions they and the team at LoveUX saw the website needed to be updated and migrated onto a new platform in order to help them grow.
With LoveUX picking up the design requirements we were quickly able to get on preparing the data to migrate – and what a task! Complications with extracting this from a very dated website led to some quite intensive work in Excel to link files together and then clean up and improve the data. We do this with all our Shopify websites in order to ensure consistency and also to build in strong SEO content at the product level right from the start. Some additional functionality was required to attach a questionnaire form to specific products, and then attach this to the order. We used a form builder app to do this so that the client could easily make changes, add new forms or attach to new products.
With the site ready a few months later we had one more hurdle to overcome – the fact Shopify Payments didn’t support pharmaceutical clients. A quick call to our friends at Mollie Payments and we were integrated and ready to go.
Since the site went live already we’ve seen a huge improvement to search rankings, traffic and sales. Feedback from customers is great and they’re loving the user friendly website. Also with Shopify being such an easy to use platform as well as having powerful features, we know we’ve delivered something that can grow and develop with our client as they do.
- Migrate from OS Commerce.
- Build a new website on Shopify.
- Export, clean up and improve product data.
- Work with partner agency LoveUX to ensure brand consistency and excellent user experience.
- Create custom forms to be attached to specific products that can only be administered with further information for the Pharmacist.
- Integrate with Royal Mail for order processing and delivery.
- Research and define content to support organic SEO.
- Ensure all redirects in place and organic search rankings are maintained through a well executed migration.
- Ongoing technical support.
How We Did It.
Website built on the Shopify platform with custom functionality allowing specific products to trigger a questionnaire form to be attached to the order to reviewed by the Pharmacist.