Room To Grow
Room To Grow
Leading children’s bedroom and furniture specialist Room To Grow got in touch with us to discuss how we could support them as they were looking to replatform their website. They were performing well as a business, but had some frustrations around their current WordPress/WooCommerce website. As they had continued to grow and evolve, they felt the website had become a limiting factor and so believed to facilitate their future growth ambitions, an upgrade and move to a new platform was a necessary step. They had already had experience with a couple of the other industry leading platforms and had seen that BigCommerce could offer everything they needed. Exploring this in more detail with us was a logical next step before we then went out to market to find an agency to support the brand.
We met with the team to do a full scoping out of all front end and back end requirements. We looked at their current website, documenting the successes alongside the frustrations so we were confident we were building on the good elements. Integrations with some of their solutions was also key to this project, so any platform needed to do this easily and seamlessly. We also looked at a selection of competitor sites and other affinity brands we felt their customer would be engaging with to ensure we’d captured any relevant user experience trends.
Once the full scope of the project was put together in a detailed brief, we were then able to go out to market to try to find the right agency to deliver, against an aggressive timescale. With the site now live they have much easier to use set of content management tools and more robust platform with which to grow their business.
- Thorough and complete discovery of business requirements across front end user journey, through to back end integrations, order processing and services.
- Review and provide platform recommendations to the specification documentation in order to satisfy the project goals.
- Research and interview suitable UK based platform proficient agencies for short list.
- Initial meetings & calls with agencies to come up with a short list.
- Review tender documents and provide feedback & recommendations to the client in order to make agency selection.
How We Did It.
We worked with the team at Room To Grow to understand their current frustrations with their website and which platform could alleviate these and support their future growth, whilst also maintaining a lower ongoing cost.